Music Player for Android
Listen to music on Android's best music player
Music Player for Android is a lightweight, streamlined music player designed to work on all Android devices.
Music Player for Android markets itself as the “original Android audio player,” and nothing we found contradicted that claim. It does make sense. After all, this player only requires Android 1.6, which is unheard of for most modern Android apps. It also only requires about 1 megabyte of memory, which is impressive. It’s cool to think that some people have been using this as their music app since “way back” and continue to use it now just as they always have.
As you might expect, Music Player for Android employs a very minimalistic user interface. Everything about the app is streamlined and lightweight. That means that you won’t find any fancy features here, but what you will find is a music player that never crashes and lets you access your music fast. The minimalistic user interface is very effective, and the hardware requirements mentioned above means that you can use this app on practically any Android device.
The app lets you organize your collection by artists, albums, song titles and playlists. Artists, for instance, presents a list of artists. Using the expand arrow, you can view a list of all albums assigned to that artist. Expand again, and you’ll get a list of all the songs you have for that album. This is all done inline, which means that you can quickly back out and continue down the list of artists. Note that this app only works with songs already on your device and doesn’t provide any mechanisms for fetching music.
- Streamlined and lightweight
- Minimalistic UI is very effective
- Works with practically any Android device
- Only works with songs already on your device
* Updated languages
* Integration with Ringtone Manager
* Added new menu button and settings
* Support Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) permissions
* New search via "Menu->Search"
* Lyrics for Android support!
* Lollipop notification support
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- BROADCAST_STICKY: Allows an application to broadcast sticky intents. These are broadcasts whose data is held by the system after being finished, so that clients can quickly retrieve that data without having to wait for the next broadcast.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.